Tracksmith is an Independent Running Brand
We honor the Amateur Spirit upon which the sport was founded and champion the Running Class – the non-professional yet competitive runners dedicated to the pursuit of personal excellence. We offer well-considered, authentic products for training, racing and recovery. Our aim is to celebrate, support and add to running’s distinct culture.
Our office and flagship retail store are located at 285 Newbury Street in Boston’s historic Back Bay neighborhood. We host group workouts for all ability levels on Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday, followed by recovery snacks and beverages on the roof deck. Our space is bright, airy and distinct, filled with ambitious and original thinkers. We’re always looking for great talent as we continue to grow the team.
Our current openings are listed below.
Advanced Designer & Developer
The Advanced Designer/Developer will be primarily responsible for advanced product creation across Tracksmith categories with a focus on solving for the functional needs of the competitive runner with solutions that are uniquely Tracksmith. This role will lead advanced material development, rapid prototyping and a robust testing initiative leveraging the Tracksmith community. This role will manage some long lead-time innovation projects but is primarily responsible for ensuring that products across current and future categories incorporate the most relevant and functional technologies and are thoroughly tested.
• As a peer to the product management, design and development teams work to identify, create and test functional fabrics and technologies that can be used to improve the performance of Tracksmith products across all categories.
• Working with product development lead the creation of rapid prototypes in order to test concepts quickly and efficiently across multiple categories.
• Working with product management create a pipeline of new technologies and product concepts that complement specific brand merchandising initiatives; IE: NDO, Off Roads, RCR, etc
• Work closely with the design team to represent the functional point of view and the best application of technologies and incorporation of technical wear test feedback.
• Manage the design and initial development process for advanced projects including but not limited to work with outside partners, new category creation and new concept exploration.
• Lead Tracksmith wear testing program leveraging our extensive network of competitive runners using both quantitative and qualitative methods to ensure that products are fully vetted before going to market.
• Leverage the entire Tracksmith community to identify new concept opportunities and present those to the product management & senior team.
• Minimum 8-10 years in product design and/or development with a specific focus on performance running products.
• Extensive understanding or experience with the culture of competitive running.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
• Ability to effectively use Adobe Illustrator, Microsoft Office, and Google suite applications.
• Ability to travel independently domestically and internationally. Travel to Asia a plus.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume here.
NAME YOUR JOB
Interested in working at Tracksmith, but don't see a job
description for you? Tell us the job you want.
We're a small and growing team building a new type of
running brand. We're always looking for talented
individuals who want to redefine the world of running.
Send us your resume and describe the job you want and
what you'd do the first three months on the job.